Here’s a list of movies I’ve recently enjoyed about farming and gardening:
1) The First Season- this is about a family’s first year on their first farm in NY.
2) Ingredients- this is about the roots of the local food movement.
3) Farmland-an intimate look at farmers and ranchers.
4) Betting the Farm- this is about 5 dairy farmers in Maine confronted with losing their farms.
5) Urban Fruit- this is about growing food in L.A. (urban farming)
6) The Organic Life- a couple chooses to eat organic locally grown for one year.
7) To Make a Farm- this is about two Canadian couples and their struggles learning how to farm, and learning how to be sustainable farmers.
All of these films are available to rent on Amazon’s instant video for as little as 1.99 for a 3 night rental.
I also watched a film on permaculture that was shown Sunday night 5/3 for free called Permaculture Soils by Geoff Lawton- more about it here . Thanks to this film I know everything I need to know about soil and also how to build a compost heap.